Stockbridge Gallery, Bruton Gallery, Online Shop
|Type of Artwork||
Sculpures & Ceramics
UK SHIPPING For UK deliveries we use Royal Mail or Parcelforce for small items and a number of designated specialist art couriers for larger items.
- Unframed Prints: £12
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: £45
- Unframed Prints: £20
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: Request a Quote
- Prices will vary according to weight, size, and destination country.
- Your item may be liable for import duty, please ask if this is included in the shipping quote.
- The specialist shipper will invoice you separately. This is to ensure that you pay the lowest possible shipping cost.
Claire Lardner Burkewww.clairelardnerburke.co.uk Claire took up ceramics in 2008 at the Putney School of Art here in London where she was born and now lives and works. In 2015 Claire moved to The Kiln Rooms, a shared studio in Peckham Rye, where she is at the present. Claire has long been fascinated with the natural process of time upon things, the beautiful unique marks of age and weathering, and the relationship between strength and fragility. In her work she seeks to capture something of this process. She throws delicate, light vessels with rough textured surfaces which she then works on by pinching, adding to and altering, enhancing the relationship between their strength and their fragility to the point sometimes of creating cracks and fissures in the work. She has developed a technique of applying oxides and glazes which recreates the markings of age and weathering with depth, texture, and an unpredictable beauty in outcome. This means that each piece is unique, a one-off to be enjoyed for itself. People often comment that the work looks as if it has been dug up from the earth, marked by nature and the passage of time.