Stockbridge Gallery, Online Shop
|Type of Artwork||
52 x 51cm
£500 – £999
- Unframed Prints: £12
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: £45
- Unframed Prints: £20
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: Request a Quote
- Prices will vary according to weight, size, and destination country.
- Your item may be liable for import duty, please ask if this is included in the shipping quote.
- The specialist shipper will invoice you separately. This is to ensure that you pay the lowest possible shipping cost.
Jo EllisJo trained as a graphic designer, she now lives and works in Hampshire. Since technology has increasingly dominated the process of design she has enjoyed returning to painting which is where she began, relishing the freedom and opportunity to express herself creatively, explore ideas and ‘get her hands dirty’ again.
Jo’s expressive charcoals are the basis of her work; she finds the freedom of drawing produces unexpected exciting results which she then translates into paint in her studio. Working in acrylic, oils and mixed media. She finds inspiration and energy in organic shapes. Currently she is abstracting subject matter from landscapes, seascapes and figures; the South Downs and North Cornish Coastline are particular sources of inspiration. “My work is all about experiencing a place not about representing it; my emotions and reactions to where I am and what I am looking at are an important part of creating a painting – something unexpected often reveals itself in the process of working.”