Autumn Hampshire Art Fair 2021, Stockbridge Gallery, Online Shop
Acrylic on Board
|Type of Artwork||
£250 – £499
40 x 40 cm
- Unframed Prints: £12
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: £45
- Unframed Prints: £20
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: Request a Quote
- Prices will vary according to weight, size, and destination country.
- Your item may be liable for import duty, please ask if this is included in the shipping quote.
- The specialist shipper will invoice you separately. This is to ensure that you pay the lowest possible shipping cost.
Philip paints places he knows well returning to them throughout the seasons. He also likes painting still life objects such as bowls, sometimes they are included as part of the imagery and sometimes as a subject on their own.
When painting landscapes Philip frequently includes in his paintings the horizon-that strong blue edge.
He has spent time walking along the coastline of Cornwall- which varies so much.
Philip likes the idea of painting the outside world looking from the inside - Over the rooftops with their subtle weather worn colours to the sea in the distance.
Philip uses grid structures in his paintings, such as window frames or the patterns of rooftops or landscapes - to make firm frameworks for his compositions. Sometimes the grids remain visable & sometimes hidden in the background. He is interested in the surface of the paintings to suggest the wear & tear of the weather or the passing of time, on the buildings & landscapes that surrounds us.Artist Statement-