Cotswold based artist Rupert Aker paints en plein air, deriving his inspiration from the light, vibrant colours and magnetism of the English countryside, rendering its energy with wonderful resonance, glorious colours and a hint of mysticism. His bold use of the palette knife is particularly striking and effective.
Rupert Aker, Weston Subedge
Medium: Oil on Canvas
Size: 100 x 60cm
Categories: 2022 Hampshire Autumn Art Fair, Paintings, Rupert Aker, Spring Hampshire Art Fair 2022 Tags: Autumm, Big Bales, Costwolds, country life, Grazing, hay bales, Impasto, landscape, Malverns, scenic, sheep
Stockbridge Gallery, Online Shop, Autumn Hampshire Art Fair
Oil on Canvas
£1,000 – £4,999
100 x 60cm
|Type of Artwork|
UK SHIPPINGFor UK deliveries we use Royal Mail or Parcelforce for small items and a number of designated specialist art couriers for larger items.
- Unframed Prints: £12
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: £45
- Unframed Prints: £20
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: Request a Quote
- Prices will vary according to weight, size, and destination country.
- Your item may be liable for import duty, please ask if this is included in the shipping quote.
- The specialist shipper will invoice you separately. This is to ensure that you pay the lowest possible shipping cost.
Rupert AkerRupert Aker is a Cotswold based artist based in Painswick, Gloucestershire. He says "I walk the valleys and hills, drawing my inspiration from the woods, meadows and hedgerows, painting 'en plain air' when possible. My aim is to capture the effects of the light on the land through the medium of oil paint with a palette knife." "I am a self-taught artist with my love and understanding of the countryside underpinned by reading land management at the Royal Agricultural University, and throughout my life living and working alongside farmers and foresters."