Bruton Gallery, Online Shop
|Type of Artwork|
£250 – £499
Caroline Milne, Kolkata I
- Unframed Prints: £12
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: £45
- Unframed Prints: £20
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: Request a Quote
- Prices will vary according to weight, size, and destination country.
- Your item may be liable for import duty, please ask if this is included in the shipping quote.
- The specialist shipper will invoice you separately. This is to ensure that you pay the lowest possible shipping cost.
In 1995 I became a mature student and completed a City and Guilds diploma in Ceramics, since then I have been developing my style of work in clay.
In 2007 I moved to rural Oxfordshire and set up a studio from home.
I work mostly in porcelain and porcelain paper clay. I draw inspiration and creativity from classic architectural features from around the world, art forms from nature, fossils, and vintage textiles and jewellery designs.
The magic of working in porcelain can produce work with fragility and translucency yet still has the strength and delicacy of beautiful fine porcelain.
My recent work in porcelain features large organic-shaped bowls and platters imprinted with lace, leaf-inspired vases and bowls and decorative wall sculptures.
Other pieces I work on are made in porcelain paper clay and are more delicate and suited for display. With the translucency created with paper clay, I have designed some lamp shades for wall sconces imprinted with antique lace, as well as sculptural centrepieces and candle holders.
My work is mostly hand sculpted; every piece is unique. I want my work to be used, touched and loved. I have exhibited in Galleries in London, Oxfordshire, Norfolk and Hampshire. I was commissioned to produce a piece for La Portetta Hotel, Courcheval France and have had several private commissions.