Bruton Gallery, Online Shop
£1,000 – £4,999
|Type of Artwork||
Sculpures & Ceramics
UK SHIPPING For UK deliveries we use Royal Mail or Parcelforce for small items and a number of designated specialist art couriers for larger items.
- Unframed Prints: £12
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: £45
- Unframed Prints: £20
- Paintings/Sculpture/Framed Prints: Request a Quote
- Prices will vary according to weight, size, and destination country.
- Your item may be liable for import duty, please ask if this is included in the shipping quote.
- The specialist shipper will invoice you separately. This is to ensure that you pay the lowest possible shipping cost.
Jane Muirwww.janemuir.co.uk Jane Muir studied ceramics at Central St Martins School of Art and the Royal College of Art. Since leaving the RCA in 1992 she has exhibited widely, notably in Ceramic Contemporaries, V&A, and a solo show at the Molesey Gallery, Surrey. In 1997 she was also awarded a Crafts Council Grant helping her to set up her present studio. Jane specialises in idiosyncratic hand painted figures representing a witty and uncluttered observation of the world. Figures that stand alone or placed in an architectural landscape are hand modelled, allowing her the freedom to sketch with clay and develop ideas during the making process. Jane’s figures are not about specific individuals but are a personification of the stereotype or archetypal character. Jane’s work has been exhibited widely throughout the UK, Europe, America and Japan. Jane’s inspiration comes from various sources and has remained fairly consistent throughout her career, including modern masters such as Peter Blake, Eduardo Paolozzi and Elizabeth Frink and some more traditional crafts such as the work of the Staffordshire Potters.